Magical Rainbow Unicorn with Debby Hughes



Hi it's Debby here today. I couldn’t wait to ink up the new Magical Day set from the May release and colour all that lovely mane on the unicorn. 

I started by stamping the unicorn in Intense Black ink, cutting out with the matching die and colouring with Copics. I picked out areas of the mane and tail to colour in rainbow order and then kept the rest of the unicorn white. Well, I did add lots of grey shading to give dimension but he does still look white to the eye. I added some grey dappling on his rump and white gel pen and glitter pen dots too for variety. Oh and then I coated the mane and tail in Wink Of Stella but you can't see that very well in the photos.


When it came to the horn I decided to go with shimmery gold using a Copic Spica Marker. I also used this on his hooves as well.

I first visualised this card with a rainbow unicorn popping off a starry sky and so I stamped the stars from the Fairy Dust set several times in clear embossing ink on white card and clear heat embossed. I then rubbed in Winter Sky, Caribbean Blue and Soft Navy inks and finally splattered with a solution of Perfect Pearls.



I decided to cut the ink blended piece with a circle die and foam mount the unicorn on top - I’m still getting the unicorn popping off the starry night sky but equally the darker piece isn’t overwhelming the card.

The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onxy Black and Teeny Bikini inks on a die cut rectangle of white card. This is then mounted on a white card base with some fun patterned paper adhered to the bottom third. A few Fairy Garden sequins added the finishing touch to this cute card.

Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you next time!




2 comments

Back to Top