Stenciling and Colouring Hacks | Video by Natalie

There's no doubt that as a crafter I have a tendency to #needallthethings, who's with me? New products make me happy! Stamps, dies and stencils will always top my list because they can be used over and over and over in a million ways and they never run out. But after I invest in those key pieces sometimes I need to think of some more budget-friendly solutions for my creative play!


Take stencil brushes for example. Have you seen them in action? They look incredible! I immediately knew I wanted them as soon as I saw them..... but they can be a little on the pricey side. And then what about colouring markers like Copics or Tombows? Given I don't consider myself a colourer, I have no great desire to invest all that $$ in the whole set. But at the end of the day I still want to stencil, and I still need to colour my stamped images, so what to do?


In my video today I wanted to share with you the making of this bright beach-themed card I created with some of the new release June products. But along the way I'm also going to share some tricks I've learned to fake a similar look to what you can achieve with a stencil brush, and with watercolour markers or paints. I hope you enjoy it!
 


Products Used:
Beach Day Stamp Set
Beach Day Die Set
Rice Paddies Stencil
Sherbert Sequin Mix
Life is Beautiful Stamp Set (for the sentiment) 

Xxxx
Natalie

8 comments

  1. That's a darling little beach scene! I love your little water color hippo and images. The sequin beach is delightful - never would have thought of doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done anything like the sequin beach before either, but this month's mix just made me think of the colours of sand, and before you knew it the idea had been born!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I just love those little characters in the Beach Day set don't you?! They make any card cute!

      Delete

Back to Top