Summer Watermelon Background

Hi there. It's Cheiron here with my monthly post. Seems like summer is finally here on the East Coast and nothing says summer to me like a backyard BBQ full of fresh summer produce and of course watermelon for dessert! I had this cute little hippo from the Beach Day set already colored. She is SO cute just chomping on her watermelon slice. I thought she would go great with a watermelon background.


To make the background, I cut out the Hexastar Cover plate from light green paper. I also cut another one from scrap paper to use as a stencil. I used the stencil piece (placing it slightly offset from where I would adhere it and blended Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink through my makeshift stencil. Be sure to cover the sides with some post its while you are doing this so the ink does not go over the stencil. To make the "seeds" I used a Black Distress Marker with a Distress Marker spritzer. I then placed the green piece I cut from the cover plate on top of the piece I had inked up using foam dots.


To finish my card, I added a sentiment from the Scandinavian Prints set stamped on a Scalloped banner and topped off my card with a few sequins from the Sherbert Sequin Mix.


Hope you've enjoyed this little slice of summer!!!


7 comments

  1. Seems like you never run out of great and creative ideas! I love the stencil with the die-cut......so much fun dimension! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using the Hexastar as watermelon. How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - brilliant background! I love that little hippo!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top